Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You've been invited to serve...


It's been over a year since I first began the application process and I still feel like this is all happening to someone else. I have two weeks left in the states before heading over to Tanzania to begin my Peace Corps service. I will be in Africa for the next 27 months working as a Health Educator. I'll be doing HIV/AIDS awareness and education in schools and health centers, trying to learn Swahili, and getting used to a life without diet coke (among other things.)

If you have a chance, look up some info about Tanzania. It is located in East Africa with the Indian Ocean to the east, Lake Victoria to the north, Mt. Kiliminjaro and the Serengheti plains stretching out over the northern region. Tanzania is a very stable and safe county (I promise, Grampa), although very poor and devastated by the effects of HIV/AIDS. I am so excited that my dream to travel and work in Africa is finally a reality and hope you'll check back for updates!

1 comment:

  1. Alli! I am so excited for you and so proud! You are going to do amazing things, meet beautiful people, and have the best time ever! Can't wait to see you, December 20th! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete