Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another big move

This morning I had to say goodbye to my second family in two months. Finished with training meant finished with homestay and goodbye to the Masawe family. I never thought I would become so attached to them, saying goodbye was not easy.

Now I(we all) are in Dar es Salaam for a few days in order to swear in as official Peace Corps volunteers. I'll move to my village after that (I should get there on Saturday if everything goes as planned...) and then I'll be on my own to start working. Well actually our job for the first three months is basically to survive. Get to know our village and villagers, what the needs of the village are, be able to cook my own food, fix my own water, and hopefully pick up a lot of Kiswahili as I will be without any english speakers. Sounds fun right? Well we'll see. I'm sure I'll have a lot to update on in a few weeks! I'm so excited to get started in my village and see what I can really do!

Oh, and here's a picture of the latest haricut that my baba (dad) gave me. He was trying to help and went a little short, so we had to take more off than expected. I just let him have at it (I actually didn't have much of a choice, he was so excited and wanted to help so bad, I mean, it was pretty funny.) I'm thinking of going with a faux-hawk from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment